Friday 1 February 2008

Open Toes

I know I promised some swatches, and I can confirm they'll be coming soon. Today, in fact, just as soon as my camera battery is charged.
So I thought I'd take the time to wax lyrical about one of my other passions - shoes!


I was so excited when I saw these pictures from Dior's spring/summer 08 couture show (courtesy of Style.com). I love shoes. I especially love coloured shoes, crazy shows, platform shoes.. and Galliano at Dior certainly fitted that bill. True, I'm very suprised no-one fell over (remember Naomi Campbell and those Vivienne Westwood babies?), but they look amazing.
Just as amazing were Diane Kruger's shoes as she went to watch the show at Paris Fashion Week:



Now I have to admit that without the aid of IMDB.com I don't have a clue who Diane Kruger is, but you have to love those shoes. Teaming something like those with a plain black outfit is without a doubt the way to wear them. When you've got a pattern as dominating as animal print the key is definitely less is more. Full marks to Diane for these. Reminds me of a gorgeous pair of Louis Vuitton balmoral knock-offs that I had in white leopard print that I (incredibly sadly) had to sell on for being too small. My heart still bleeds for those shoes...

No comments: